If you are hoping to have Packback sync to the gradebook built within Blackboard Ultra for LTI 1.1, here are the step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish that!
Before you begin, it's important to note that these instructions assume three things:
- That the Blackboard course is already connected to a Packback community
- Your school is using the most up-to-date version of Blackboard (v3900)
- That the Packback LTI* Integration has already been added at the school level and is configured to accept grades.
- *LTI = Learning Tools Interoperability (the way Packback and your LMS talk to each other)
Step-By-Step Instructions for Setting Up Gradebook Sync
Please Note: Before you proceed to follow the below instructions gradebook sync needs to be turned on in your packback community: How to Turn On Gradebook Sync
- Go to the course in Blackboard and click on the “+” where you’d like to add an assignment. This can be inside a module or be its own content.
- Click on Create
- Select Teaching Tools with LTI Connection
- Fill out the LTI Link Details form that appears on the right of the screen as follows:
- Give the assignment a specific title. This can be whatever you like, such as “Packback Week 1.”
- Under Configuration URL, select “https://” and enter lms-api.packback.co/lti/launch in the box.
- Check the box for Create gradebook entry for this item
- Optionally, set a due date for the assignment.
- Enter how many points the assignment is worth.
- Hit Save.
- Click on the assignment you just added to the course. This will open Packback and activate the assignment.
- Click on Please choose deadline… and select which Packback deadline should be tied to the assignment you just activated from Blackboard. This tells Packback where to send the grades for each student.
- Repeat this process for all other Packback assignments you will have in this class. If you have 10 Packback graded assignments, you will need to do these steps 10 times. You can create all your Blackboard assignments now, or you can create them one-by-one and do these steps as the semester progresses.
Important Note: Students must click on each specific assignment link within Blackboard to receive a grade from Packback.
If the above instructions are not working for you or you are running into issues or just have a question, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com