If you are hoping to have Packback sync to the gradebook built within Blackboard Ultra for LTI 1.3, here are the step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish that!
Before you begin, it's important to note that these instructions assume three things:
That the Blackboard course is already connected to a Packback community
Your school is using an up-to-date version of Blackboard (v. 3900)
That the Packback LTI* Integration has already been added at the school level and is configured to accept grades*
LTI = Learning Tools Interoperability (the way Packback and your LMS talk to each other)
Step-by-Step Instructions for Setting Up Gradebook Sync
Please Note: Before you proceed to follow the below instructions gradebook sync needs to be turned on in your packback community: How to Turn On Gradebook Sync
- Go to the course in Blackboard and click on the “+” where you’d like to add an assignment. This can be inside or outside a module.
- Click on Content Market
- Find Packback and click the “+” button
- Find the Packback link you just added to the course, and click the three dots on the right and select Edit
- Click on the Packback title and give the assignment a specific name, such as “Packback Chapter 1.”
Check the box for Create gradebook entry for this item
Enter how many points the assignment is worth in Packback. If you use percentages in Packback, enter 100.
- Click on the link you just edited to open Packback and activate the assignment in Packback’s system.
- You should see a popup confirming that you’ve activated the assignment. Click on Please choose deadline… and select which Packback deadline should be tied to the assignment you just activated from Blackboard. This tells Packback where to send the grades for each student.
- Repeat this process for all other Packback assignments you will have in this class. If you have 10 Packback graded assignments, you will need to do these steps 10 times. You can create all your Blackboard assignments now, or you can create them one-by-one and do these steps as the semester progresses.
Important Note: students will need to click on each specific assignment link within Blackboard to receive a grade from Packback.
If the above instructions are not working for you or you are running into issues or just have a question, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com