If you are hoping to have Packback sync to the gradebook built within Blackboard Learn, here are the step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish that!
Before you begin, it's important to note that these instructions assume two things:
That the Blackboard course is already connected to a Packback community
That the Packback LTI* Integration has already been added at the school level and is configured to accept grades. If you are not sure if this is the case, please contact your school’s LMS administrator. This is unfortunately out of Packback’s control.
*LTI = Learning Tools Interoperability (the way Packback and your LMS talk to each other)
Step-by-Step Instructions for Setting Up Gradebook Sync
Please Note: Before you proceed to follow the below instructions gradebook sync needs to be turned on in your packback community: How to Turn On Gradebook Sync
- Go to the course in Blackboard and click on Content and make sure that Edit mode is on
- Click on Build Content and then click Web Link
- Fill out the Web Link Information form that will appear on the screen:
- Enter the name of the assignment (this can be whatever you want, such as “Packback Week 1” or “Packback Chapter 5: Supply and Demand”)
- Enter https://lms-api.packback.co/lti/launch in the URL.
- Check the box for This link is to a Tool Provider
- Select Yes for Enable Evaluation
- Enter how many points you want this assignment to be worth
- Click Submit
- You will now see the assignment link in your Blackboard content. Click the link you just created to open Packback and activate the assignment.
- Click on Please choose deadline… and select which Packback deadline should be tied to the assignment you just activated from Blackboard. This tells Packback where to send the grades for each student.
- Repeat this process for all other Packback assignments you will have in this class. If you have 10 Packback graded assignments, you will need to do these steps 10 times. You can create all your Blackboard assignments now, or you can create them one-by-one and do these steps as the semester progresses.
Important Note: students will need to click on each specific assignment link within Blackboard to receive a grade from Packback.
If the above instructions are not working for you or you are running into issues or just have a question, please reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org