If you are hoping to have Packback sync to the gradebook built within Canvas, here are the step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish that!
Before you begin, it's important to note that these instructions assume two things:
That the Canvas course is already connected to a Packback community
That the Packback LTI* Integration has already been added at the school level and is configured to accept grades. If you are not sure if this is the case, please contact your school’s LMS administrator. This is unfortunately out of Packback’s control
LTI = Learning Tools Interoperability (the way Packback and your LMS talk to each other)
Step-by-Step Instructions for Setting Up Gradebook Sync
Please Note: Before you proceed to follow the below instructions gradebook sync needs to be turned on in your packback community: How to Turn On Gradebook Sync
- Go to the course in Canvas and click on Assignments
- Click on +Assignment (feel free to group these assignments or add them to a module).
- Enter the name of the assignment. This will also be the name of the corresponding gradebook column. For example, “Packback Week 1.”
- For "Points" Please select a value greater than 0. (Points cannot be left as 0). For “Submission Type,” select External Tool. Click Find and select Packback from the list.
- Save the assignment
- After you click Save, Canvas will automatically open the newly-created Packback assignment within Canvas and activate it for your Packback community. If you chose to have Packback open in a new window, please open Packback in a new window. Click Please choose deadline… and select the Packback assignment you wish to connect to your Canvas assignment. Packback will send grades from the select Packback assignment to the corresponding Canvas grade column.
- Repeat this process for all other Packback assignments you will have in this class. If you have 10 Packback graded assignments, you will need to do these steps 10 times. You can create all your Canvas assignments now, or you can create them one-by-one and do these steps as the semester progresses.
Important Note: students will need to click on each specific assignment link within Canvas to receive a grade from Packback. Packback highly recommends removing Packback from the navigation panel, so that students can only access via the assignment link.
If the above instructions are not working for you or you are running into issues or just have a question, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com