If you are hoping to have Packback sync to the gradebook built within Moodle, here are the step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish that!
Before you begin, it's important to note that these instructions assume two things:
That the Moodle course is already connected to a Packback community
That the Packback LTI* Integration has already been added at the school level and is configured to accept grades. If you are not sure if this is the case, please contact your school’s LMS administrator. This is unfortunately out of Packback’s control.
LTI = Learning Tools Interoperability (the way Packback and your LMS talk to each other)
Step-by-Step Instructions for Setting Up Gradebook Sync
Please Note: Before you proceed to follow the below instructions gradebook sync needs to be turned on in your packback community: How to Turn On Gradebook Sync
Go to the course in Moodle and click on Turn editing on
- Click on Add an activity or resource within the module where you want to add this Packback assignment
- Select External tool from the menu
- Give the assignment a name, for example “Packback Week 1.” From the “Preconfigured Tool” dropdown menu, select Packback.
- Click the Grade link, and select Point for the grade type, and enter in the number of points this assignment is worth. If you don’t see the “Grade” area, please contact your LMS administrator.
- Click Save and display
- After you click Save, Moodle will automatically open the newly-created Packback assignment within Moodle and activate it for your Packback community. Click Please choose deadline… and select the Packback assignment you wish to connect to your Moodle assignment. Packback will send grades from the select Packback assignment to the corresponding Moodle grade column.
Repeat this process for all other Packback assignments you will have in this class. If you have 10 Packback graded assignments, you will need to do these steps 10 times. You can create all your Moodle assignments now, or you can create them one-by-one and do these steps as the semester progresses.
Important Note: Students will need to click on each specific assignment link within Moodle to receive a grade from Packback.
If the above instructions are not working for you or you are running into issues or just have a question, please reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org