Match & Message allows instructors to "filter" students by criteria related to their participation and interactions and then send a "bulk customized" email to each of those matching students. Located within the Insights Dashboard, this tool allows students to receive 1-on-1 feedback and support from their instructor, no matter the size of their course.
Match & Message takes the benefit of scalable feedback to a powerful new level by empowering instructors to take action on data in their community. With Match & Message, instructors are able to find and message students who might be struggling and need a nudge, or are at the top of the leaderboard and can use some positive reinforcement.
This allows instructors to spend less time searching the platform to find students who are struggling or improving, and more time engaging in meaningful feedback to their students.
What are the components of this feature?
As an instructor and/or TA you will be able to find students who match one of the following criteria, and then send them an email that looks like it was sent just to them. Initially, Instructors and TAs will have access to the following "match" filters:
- Students who haven’t participated (This assignment, last 2 assignments, or all time)
- Students who didn’t meet full requirements (This assignment, last 2 assignments, or all time)
- Students who were on the leaderboard (This assignment, last 2 assignments, or all time)
- Students who haven’t received an instructor interaction (This assignment, last 2 assignments, or all time)
- Students who have received an instructor interaction (This assignment, last 2 assignments, or all time)
How do I use Match and Message?
As an instructor you are able to use Match & Message to find and "nudge" struggling students who either haven't participated yet or didn't meet their full assignment requirements. Instructors have the ability to find students they've never sent any feedback to or interacted with, and then send them a message to make sure they've contacted every student at least once.
Instructors can also use Match & Message to praise students who were on the Leaderboard this assignment or have been on the Leaderboard for a longer period of time.
With Match & Message, you will be able to find ("match") students...
- Who haven't participated
- Who didn’t meet full requirements
- Who were on the leaderboard
- Who haven't received instructor feedback
- Who have received instructor feedback
...then filter by a time period
- All time
- The last 2 assignments, or
- The current assignment (even if it's ongoing!)
...then customize an email ("message") that will be sent to all of those students, but will look and feel like a personalized email to each, specific student.
- Ability to insert a personalized ‘first name’ field for the students
- Comes from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email sender will be "[Sender Full Name] via Packback"
- Looks like a 1-on-1 email when it arrives in the students' inbox (the other recipients are not visible to the student)
- If a student replies to the email, it goes to the instructor's real school email address, e.g. Kathleen.West@Winthrop.Edu
With this tool, you will be able to send a personalized email based on specific insights to 10, 500, or 10,000 students all at once, with a single click. You will have the ability to find students that you've never sent any feedback or interaction to, and then send them a message to make sure you've contacted every student at least once.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our Support Team by filling out our Request Form or reaching out to email@example.com.