Ready to create your Packback community? This article lays out the quick and simple process of creating a brand new community or copying the details of an existing community.
Before you begin, however, this article assumes 2 things:
- You have already created your Packback account. If you have not done so, please follow this link to create your account now: https://app.packback.co/sign-up
- If you already have a Packback account, make sure it is listed as an instructor. If it is not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have that changed.
If the above is true, log into your Packback account and follow these instructions:
Click the red Create a Community button at the top of your Packback account profile
- If you are creating a new community from scratch, select Create New Community and follow the instructions below.
- If you wish to create a copy or a duplicate of an already existing community, click Copy Existing Community and follow the instructions in this help center article.
Step-by-Step Instructions for creating a new community
Step 1: Course Information
- Fill in the required fields for Course Title, Number of Students, Start Date, End Date, and School.
- Select +Add Instructor and enter in the name or email address for each instructor in the course.
- If any of the instructors do not have instructor accounts set up, they will need to do so before they can be added to the community. Please direct them to our Account Creation page to do so: https://app.packback.co/sign-up
- Once all instructors have been added to the community, click Create Community.
Step 2: Product Selection
Here is where you will select which of the 3 Packback Products you would like to use for your course, as well as a pricing breakdown showing how much each student will pay for access to the community.
Our 3 products include:
- Packback Suite: A combination of both our Packback Questions (our discussion-based product) and Packback Deep Dives (our long form essay writing product). You can learn more about it here!
- Packback Questions: Our inquiry-driven, discussion-based platform. You can learn more about it here!
- Packback Deep Dives: Our long form, essay-writing platform. You can learn more about it here!
Select which product best suits your course needs and click Continue to Community.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unsure which product to use, or would like to receive more information about each option, please contact your Experience Manager for those details.
From there, you have completed creating your Packback community! The new community will be stored under the Upcoming Communities tab of your Packback profile. You are able to edit the details at any time!
Please reach out to our support team at email@example.com with any questions or trouble you may have creating your Packback community. We'll be happy to help!