The Create URL feature allows you to add a single web link as a content item to your Blackboard course. You can add some contextual information and decide whether or not the link should open in a new browser window.
1. Check that Edit Mode is turned ON. This can be switched by clicking ON or OFF.
2. Choose the Content Area into which you wish to add your content. All the content areas work in the same way, if you have renamed or added content areas to your Blackboard course the screenshot above may vary from what you see.
Build Content -> URL
3. Hover your mouse pointer over Build Content and then click on URL.
4. Enter a Name for the link.
5. Enter your link into the URL box. Remember to keep the http:// part at the beginning. An easy way to ensure this is done is to copy and paste the web link from your web browser’s address bar.
There is no need to tick the ‘Tool Provider’ option.
6. Enter a description of the link if you wish. Here you could put the link in context and explain why it is useful.
7. If you wish you may attach files from your computer or your course.
8. Set the options according to your preferences.
Open in New Window
Setting the option to Yes will make the link open in a new window or browser tab. If this option is set to No then the link will open within Blackboard.
Permit Users to View this Content
Do you want students to be able to access this content? Selecting No would prevent your students from viewing it, but you would still be able to view it while Edit Mode is ON. The date restrictions option below is a more powerful way of doing a similar action. The default for this option is Yes.
Track number of views
Select Yes to indicate that the system is to track the number of times a user accesses this item. Select No to indicate that the number of times this page is accessed will not be tracked. Only use this option for materials for which you particularly require tracking information. A general report on Course Statistics provides tracking information for the whole course and is available from the Control Panel. Select Date and Time Restrictions
If you wish you may restrict when this content will appear. Tick the boxes and determine times and dates as appropriate. Ticking Display After will mean that the content will appear from the time and date that you select. Ticking Display Until will mean that the content will no longer appear (disappear) after the date and time selected has passed. This only affects the way the material appears to students. As a course instructor you can change this setting at any time and the content will always be available to you.
9. Click Submit to finish.