Who is this great for?
- Instructors looking to give much more feedback to students
- Instructors looking to increase student engagement within Packback & also general course materials
- Instructors looking to implement feedback & course interventions based on easily accessible student data
- Instructors looking to increase student engagement & build community, while also increasing their own 1:1 engagement with students
- Any modality!
- Students ask 1, answer 2 (or more) per Packback interval, for 10-20%+ of the grade (Packback Questions)
- When directed, Students answer In-Class or Homework Polls created by the Instructor or TA (if applicable, but not required or necessary)
- Review Student & Professor insights 1-2 times per week to understand student behaviors & engagement
- While in the platform reviewing Insights, utilize Match & Message to praise top performers & increase assignment completion
- TAs can support Match & Message, Featuring & Custom Feedback, if applicable
- When applicable or desired, create a Poll to:
- Take a survey each month on course material and student comfort
- Check-in with students on desired resources
- Ask a content-based question to check for understanding & gain insight on comprehension
Instructor and/or TA Weekly Workflow
"To-do" on the day after the Packback Questions assignment due date (15-20 minutes)*
- Head to the Insights Dashboard and review participation from last week
- Head to Match & Message. Send personalized messages based on Insights (leaderboard, students who only partially hit requirements, students who haven’t posted)
- Head back to main feed and feature + give feedback to a few posts, utilizing insights to drive feedback
3-4 days later (mid-way through weekly interval, 10-15 minutes)*
- Give praise/feature early, high quality posts
- Send messages to students who have yet to participate this week to remind them to post!
Periodically, throughout the term:
- Utilize asynchronous or synchronous polling to “check-in” with students regarding course content or sentiment. You can use poll results to inform discussion and/or course correction
*If you’d rather have one “Packback Day”, consolidate all actions into one 30-to-45-minute work-block each week
Still Have Questions?
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our Support Team by filling out our Request Form or reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.