Similar to how you would on a shared Google or Word doc, you have the ability to leave comments within the body of your students’ Deep Dives submissions! With this feature, you are able to perform the following actions:
- Add, edit, and delete comments on a Deep Dives submission
- Include overlapping highlights
- Attach a comment to an image
- View your comments both directly on the Deep Dives submission or in the Instructor Comments tab in the Assessment Assistant panel
Step-by-Step Instructions for Inline Commenting
- Highlight the line of text or image you’d like to leave a comment on. No need to right click!
- Click + Add Comment that pops up right underneath the highlighted section.
- A text box will appear. Type in your comment and click Submit.
Editing and Deleting a Comment
- Find the text or image you left a comment on and click it. Your comment will appear just below it! You can also locate all comments in the “Instructor Comment” tab.
- Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the box to enter the text editor.
- To edit your comment: Simply use the text editor to revise the comment you left.
- To delete a comment: Click the red Delete button and then confirm that this is correct.
- NOTE: Co-instructors and TAs will also have the ability to add, edit, and delete all comments. This includes the ability to edit and delete each other’s comments.
How will students be able to see my comments?
After you have graded and submitted feedback for a Deep Dives assignment, students will be able to view your comments directly on their submission. All they will need to do is open their graded Deep Dives submission and click the highlighted portions or view comments in the "Instructor Comments" sidebar of their assessment.
Please note that your comments will only be visible to students after you have submitted their grades and feedback for the assignment!
If you need technical assistance or have questions about the functionality of your Deep Dives assignment, please reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.