How to Use Packback as an Instructor Each Week
This video highlights the recommended usage plan for instructors on Packback. Following this guide, many of Packback's instructors spend just 15-20 minutes per week managing their course discussion and using motivating interventions to steer the conversation.
Summary of Recommended Weekly Instructor Actions
- Review Recommended Featured posts emailed to you weekly by the Digital TA AI
- Select 3-4 posts to Feature. Learn how in this article: How to Feature a Post
- Leave public "Praise" feedback on each of those Featured posts. Learn how in this article: How to Give Custom Feedback on Posts
Additional Actions that reinforce purpose and relevancy for students
- In Synchronous Courses: Reinforce great posts by highlighting 1-2 in your synchronous class session, and hosting an in-class discussion. If you'd like to discuss how other instructors have done this successfully, your dedicated Curriculum Consultant can support! Schedule a time to talk.
- In Asynchronous Courses: Use a "Pinned" post to suggest a topic for the week to guide the discussion. Learn how in this article: How to Pin a Post